Ultraviolet disinfection is one of the most effective methods for disinfecting bacteria from water. UV water disinfection is a technology that uses Ultra-Violet light in the germicidal wavelength range (between 200-300 nanometers) to destroy microorganisms and render them incapable of reproducing. Enviro Concepts provides UV Water Disinfection System as part of their range of water sterilisation products.
An UV water disinfection unit has several industrial and commercial uses. Some of these applications are:
- Potable water – protect remote communities, mining camps and all water supplies for drinking water
- Waste Water – disinfect wastewater for it to be treated for discharge or recycled for reuse
- Process water – Protect media filters, RO and UF membranes and other water treatment processes
- Stormwater – Allow safe re-use of captured stormwater
- Irrigation water – Remove pathogens so that playing fields are safe for human contact
- Food & Beverage – Produce microbial free product without adding chemicals and impacting on taste or odour, or using expensive or invasive processes
UV sterilisation can be applied to various other processes where water disinfection is required.
The Enviro Concepts UV Water Disinfection system is accredited by the WaterMark certification scheme, ensuring quality in every product. Some of our other aspects include:
- High quality 316 grade stainless steel reactor that ensures longevity of the system.
- Heavy duty stainless steel brackets.
- Threaded connections in inlet/outlet location choices for ease of plumbing.
- Lamp fail alarm that alerts user and prevents untreated water from being consumed.
- Innovative high output, low pressure UV lamps.
- Pure fused quartz sleeves that allow optimum penetration of UV light through to the water.
- Lamps parallel to water flow so that water flows from entry point to exit.
- View port located on the side of the reactor, to visually see if the UV lamp is operating.
The various benefits of the Enviro Concepts UV Water Disinfection units are:
- No micro-organism is immune to UV therefore ensuring optimal disinfection process.
- The system is cost-effective and efficient, disinfecting at point of use. No contact time required.
- The system does not have any harmful by-products.
- It is easy to maintain and the lamp can be replaced easily without interrupting water flow.
- There is no risk of overdosing (associated with chemical overdosing).
- It provides excellent performance and flexibility – it can be customised per application and project requirements.